Jul 18, 2011

Fisherman's Prayer

My husband ran across a small saying that, I believe, reflects a healthy perspective of God. After a little research, I discovered that it is called an Irish Fisherman's Prayer:



Lord, Your oceans are immense
and my boat is so small.
Please be good to me! 
Kyrie eleison.

How easily we believe that we are in control of our lives, our material possessions, and our relationships. We become proud and confident. But it is a false security. 

The Spirit is the one who gives us life and breath. We are totally dependent on Father, Son and Holy Spirit for our life every day. 

Our world is filled with uncertainties, dangers and spiritual opposition, and we are as fragile as a small boat on a vast ocean - churning, endless, and unpredictable. 

Lord, have mercy! Lord, save us!

No comments: